What do you need to apply?
- • Proof of citizenship or Alien registration cards.
- • Social Security numbers or proof of applying for a Social Security number.
- • Proof of relationships.
- • Proof of income/money received for current and last month.
- • Proof of rent/utilities/mortgage.
- • Proof of all medical expenses for those receiving disability benefits or persons over 60.
- • Bank statements for all accounts for most recent month.
- • Proof of child care expenses for most recent month.
- • Proof of employment ending and last date paid.
- • Proof of savings bonds, securities, retirement plans and life insurance.
- • A statement verifying your address and the names of everyone living with you. The statement must be made by a non-relative who doesn’t live with you. It must be signed, dated and include that person's address and telephone number.
- • Name, address & daytime phone number of landlord or neighbor.
- 1. You can submit your application online through this link.
- 2. You can download the application from this website, turn it in by mail or fax it to your local office.
- 3. You can call and request and application at your local office or have a paper version sent to you using this number (855) 432-7587. After it is completed, you can fax it, mail it, or turn it into your local office.
- 4. To get assistance with the application process, enter your zip code here and you will be directed to your nearest community assister. They will help you with the entire process or parts that you are having a hard time with.
- 5. You can use your local library to fax, email and submit your application if you do not have internet access at home.