We are all grappling with fear, anxiety, anger, and a host of mixed emotions surrounding COVID-19. As we navigate the ever-changing information and the range of emotions, one thing is overwhelmingly clear – we must do our part. We care deeply for each other as a team, and we care deeply for the community. In Arizona and all other communities where cases of COVID-19 are alarmingly on the rise, we are seeing those cases filter into our own personal circles. The question has become: not IF, but WHEN will COVID-19 impact our team and work directly?
While we are proud of our safe and flexible work environment, we know that there are still opportunities for improvement. The goals of the Pinnacle Prevention COVID-19 Workplace Safety and Operational Continuity Plan are to:
- prevent and reduce the transmission among employees,
- maintain a healthy work environment,
- maintain healthy business operations to mitigate interruptions of essential functions, and
- ensure prevention practices are in place that reflect our commitment to ‘do our part’ to support community health and well being.
We are sharing our plan to be transparent - and to perhaps inspire others to create a version for their team or family.
Beyond having a plan on paper, we have also considered the policy, system, and environmental supports that we can implement as a workplace. These supports are both good business practices and good for the long-term well being of the team. They include:
- ensuring the team has access to paid leave and quality healthcare benefits,
- implementing creative ways to engage and interact with each other from home,
- offering flexibility to take care of personal and family needs while working from home, understanding that we are all managing differing workloads and family expectations, and
- providing the team with the tools they need to be successful working from home.
We continue to have honest, vulnerable, and transparent discussions with each other and our partners, listening and sharing about what we all have the bandwidth to handle at any given point in time on top of family demands.
Isolation is hard. We are wired for human connection. Despite this – we are playing our part.
What’s your plan?